Saturday 7 June 2014

Where to start learning Analytics/Data Science?

Welcome to my first post that is to document down what I have learnt about Analytics/Data Science. I am glad that all along throughout my career, I am able to work on Analytics. The reason why I loved Analytics/Data Science is because data can tell a lot of stories about businesses or to be more specific, the organization that is providing the data. To use and implement Analytics requires all round-skills, just to name a few, communication, psychology, cognitive science, mathematics (statistics), IT and business. It develops me all round.

In this blog post, I want to provide a very useful resource that I come across for those who are starting out on Analytics. Below is a link that you can access to download a book that introduce the field of Analytics as "Data Science".

http://jsresearch.net/index.html

This is a very interesting book as it hits the nails on what Analytics truly is. It is not totally about statistics or operations research in itself. It is not about business either. It is also not about IT management too, it encompass too much field in itself thus up till now, no one has written a book on Analytics successfully (in my opinion) until I come across this book.

The book is pretty well structured so I encourage anyone who wants to start learning about Analytics to read this book. The other good point about this book is that it introduce the software R, an open source software that most data scientists especially academics used.

I strongly encouraged those who wants to learn Analytics to read it well and thorough.

No comments:

Post a Comment